It’s Friday, so it’s time to wrap up the week. For some, it’s time to go out for Happy Hour, throw back a few margaritas and make some bad decisions. For others, it’s time for a couple of beers or glasses of wine, have some pizza, and watch a couple of movies. For us, it’s Shabbat, time to slow down, relax, and reflect.
As always, our 16-month old son, Ivan, is ever in control of the house. And, as this week ends, this is what he has us reflecting upon:
1. Why do members of Congress get to set their own rate of pay and approve their own raises?
2. Why is John Boehner Orange?
3. What is so “Grand” about the GOP?
4. How many hurricane-devastated people does it take to get the attention of self-absorbed, hypocritical narcissists?
5. Does smoke really come off the printing presses at the U.S. Mint or are they really able to print cash at the speed of light?
6. Does Ben Bernanke really have a sign in his office that says, “I don’t get it either.”
7. How come Joe Biden doesn’t have his own reality tv show called “I Bet You Didn’t Think I’d Say That”?
8. If everyone in the House of Representatives were forced to live in one house together until bills got passed, what would happen first — successful legislation, murder or a pregnancy?
9. Is it fun watching Chris Matthews because he’s so passionate about politics or because he’s always one sentence away from saying something way over the top?
10. Are we finally done with Les Miserables remakes now?